5 Simple Steps for Small Business Success on the Internet – Web Design!
For years, web design fell into three separate entities for website design and development: (i) graphics and animation studios, specializing in custom graphic design and creative animations, (ii) website marketing/promotion firms, (iii) Web programming companies specializing in database-driven website development. Nowadays, however, we see a fusion of these three entities into several dynamic Web Development and Promotion companies operating from any part of the globe. These web design, development and web promotion firms are virtually all-encompassing firms that cater to a diverse range of clientele, include those coming up for creative web design, web databases CRM/ERP as well as for SEO (search engine optimization) needs.
Most small business firms rely heavily on the services of such web development firms as they usually cater to small business’ website design by providing web-based marketing methods that small companies can afford due to limited budgets. Depending on the effectiveness of such web-based marketing, clients can often see successful results from clicks to conversion. There are some case studies which show that some sites have gone from 10 leads a month to 300 leads. However, to achieve this it is easier said than done. Web marketing firms that create a full plan for their clients using both the strategic and tactical methods crafted by specialists/consultants in turn can give small or large businesses increased sales. After all, that is the reason one can focus in on their business, right? To generate more sales and achieve outstanding return on investment (ROI). Therefore, the objective behind any web development or website promotion project is to create a unique selling proposition using your website to ask the question and provide the answer(s)that can set you apart from your competition so prospects, and even customers, only think of doing business with you, regardless of price.
Small business firms today depend on the professional creative website design and strategic web development and web promotion companies for the simple reason that they want their site to have the look and usability of a Fortune 500 company’s site without having to spend huge bucks for it. Yes, it is considered a plus if the website is designed as a tactical marketing tool that aims to engage and educate their clients in turn. And, most of these businesses have a concern foremost on their minds: can their web site provide a means to gather analytical data for them to offer better service and a better user experience (UX) for all?
The answer is, yes, they can. However, for this optimal, effective website design strategies need to be incorporated. In a word, small business clients should be enriched with at least some of these features to fetch more conversions:
* Cutting-edge small business website design, tailor-made to provide broad market exposure of the products and services to potential clients (NOT a cookie-cutter template that everyone else is using too.). The website must project your company’s image and brand, as well as its values.
* Highly scalable digital website designs, aimed at boosting up the growth and realization of the full perspective of the small business houses. Today, more than at any time in the past, a responsive, adaptive, progressive design is called for (you’re going to be hearing a lot about adaptive, progressive designs in the future; they the “next thing” in website design. Google is demanding a responsive design to carry your website in the search results while also demanding faster page load speeds (this is where adaptive, progressive designs come in; they’ll help “have your cake and eat it too” where the desktop version will be very elaborate, but the mobile versions will be paired down and not carry all of the burden that loading the entire website carries. Call us and we can explain this next evolutionary design refinement.
* Small business website design strategies including full-featured e-commerce solutions, to help these businesses deploy cost-effective, powerful e-commerce stores.
* Customized search engine optimization services, based upon individual needs and goals.
However, there are umpteen so-called ‘cheap, quick’ solution-providers, and any small business firm must think twice before taking the plunge with them. Ideally, one should always trust a professional web development firm that gathers relevant information about their clients’ business through hours of discussion, clear up ideas about the requirement, nature and goal of the clients’ business. Based on these details, experienced, skilled web designers and developers carry out extensive research to find out the best small business website solution. On the other hand, creative, innovative content writers create specific and unique content for small business website requirements, thereby enhancing business prospects. Finally, website maintenance and search engine optimization techniques that comprise scientifically proven techniques available at a competitive price are sure to give your business a boost. Flash Presentation, Multimedia Presentation, Multi-lingual website development and E-Commerce integration solutions complement these customized website solutions for brightening the online and even the offline image of small business firms.
Money spent on your web design is money well spent: i) it will help you stand out in the market and favorably compare with your competitors; ii) it will offer the important features needed, i.e., fast page speed, easy navigation, strong “call to action” prompts, and most importantly, easy SEO meta tagging.
A good website can improve conversion rates for visitors by up to 400%, i.e., more business generated from the same number of visitors. What’s not to like? Of course, organic search optimization and Pay-Per-Click campaigns can increase the absolute number of visitors as well. Ask us about these programs. We can give you projections for your business, and actual numbers for our clients where we have done just that.
There Are Five Steps to Success:
To ensure success of your small business through a unique website presentation, it is important that you develop a five-step process for creating websites that meet your customer’s goals. Whether you are a small business firm eager to generate leads, sell products and services online, provide offer information about your services, connect with your customers and suppliers electronically, or start an entirely new kind of service, this five-step process not only takes them from concept to completion, but also is the trademark of any Internet development company.
1. Consulting: Every website starts with an idea. Perhaps you’ve been thinking about developing a website or redesigning your existing site. At the consulting stage, a professional website development firm would strive to clear all doubts about a client’s requirements. Consultation for this usually is free (the magic word) in case of small to medium-sized businesses.
2. Website Design: After the initial consultation, the website development firm solidifies the clients’ ideas by creating a blueprint for their site by employing something they call “Strategic Design”.
3. Website Development: The website development project is then handled by a creator’ hive, composed of specialists who handle their own respective pieces of the site development. Remember, for successful website development, it is necessary to be handled by a versatile team of expert graphic artists, content writers, programmers, database specialists and technical personnel. This ensures that a qualified professional handles each task of the given project.
4. Web Hosting: Since websites are an intricate interplay of graphics, text, programming and computer resources, building your site on a rock-solid web hosting foundation is critical to its marketing success. Your choice of web hosting company is an important element in your overall website strategy. Web hosting companies offer different levels of page load speeds, ease of back-end changes, and even level of customer support. Know where your web hosting company stands before placing your new website with a hosting. It may be worth moving to a different hosting company. Hosting fees are one of the lesser considerations if you have a large website or conduct e-commerce transactions. We can help analyze web hosting solutions. (The company where you bought your domain is likely NOT a good web hosting solution.)
5. Website Maintenance: Once the site is available to the public, it must be maintained with the help of ongoing updates and continued development to the site so that clients/visitors of the site a don’t get a chance to complain about its quality and content. Calling a web hosting company when your site goes down is one of the litmus tests of their value.